PRELIMINARY REPORT ON THE RESULTS OF
XV INTERNATIONAL EXHIBITION
ARMS AND SECURITY‑2018
On October 9‑12, 2018 XV International Exhibition "Arms and Security‑2018" took place at the International Exhibition Center, together with the XI Aviation and Space Salon "Aviasvit‑ХХІ" and the XVII International Specialized Exhibition "Protection Technologies / FireTech‑2018". For several years now, the exhibitions are symbolically held on the eve of the Defender of Ukraine Day in a joint format.
The honored guests took part in the opening ceremony and the overlook of the exposition:
Secretary of the National Security and Defence Council of Ukraine – Oleksandr Turchynov
Head of the State Space Agency of Ukraine – Pavlo Degtyarenko
Head of the Verkhovna Rada Committee on National Security and Defense – Sergiy Pashinskyi
Commander of the National Guard of Ukraine – Colonel‑General Yuriy Allerov
First Deputy Secretary of the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine – Oleg Gladkovskyi
Deputy Minister of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine – Yuriy Brovchenko
Deputy Minister of Education and Science of Ukraine – Maxim Strikha
Deputy Minister of Education and Science of Ukraine – Roman Greba
Deputy Minister, MFA of Ukraine – Vasyl Bodnar
Deputy Chairman of the State Emergency Service of Ukraine – Ruslan Beloshytsky
The Head of the Parliamentary Faction of the Political Party "All‑Ukrainian Association" Batkivshchyna" (Motherland) in the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine – Yulia Tymoshenko
Director General of the SC "Ukroboronprom" – Pavlo Bukin
General Director of International Exhibition Center Ltd. – Anatoliy Tkachenko
The following foreign delegations took part in the opening ceremony and were present during working days of the exhibition:
1. Austria: head of delegation – Head of the Office for Armaments and Military Technology of the Austrian Federal Troops, Brigadier Michael Janisch
2. Belarus: head of delegation – Deputy Minister of Defence for Armament – Chief of Armament, Major General Sergei Simonenko
3. Bosnia and Herzegovina: head of delegation – Deputy Chief of the Joint Staff of the Armed Forces, Major General Ivica Erkich
4. Kazakhstan: head of delegation – Director of the Department of Development of the Military‑Industrial Complex of the Ministry of Defense and Aerospace Industry of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Mr. Marat Karabaev
5. Qatar: head of delegation – Provost Marshal, Major General Mohammed Maskhi Al‑Ahbabi
6. Moldova: head of delegation – State Secretary of the Ministry of Defense, Mr. Wladimir Iliew
7. Myanmar: head of delegation – Deputy Minister of Defence, Rear Admiral Myint Nwe
8. UAE: head of delegation – Commander of the Land Forces of the Ministry of Defence, Major General Saleh Mohammed Al‑Ameri
9. Pakistan: head of delegation – Assistant of the Federal Minister for Defense Industry – Mr. Ahmed Khalil
10. Poland: through State Space Agency of Ukraine: head of delegation – President of the Polish Space Agency Mr. Grzegorz Brona; through Ministry of Defence of Ukraine: head of delegation – Deputy Director of the Armament Policy Department of the Ministry of National Defence Mr. Mateus Saroszek
11. Saudi Arabia: head of delegation – the Commander of the third Wing, Air Forces of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Major General Ahmed Ghanem M. Alfadjeri
12. USA: head of delegation – Adjutant General of the California National Guard, Major General Mr. David S. Baldwin
13. Thailand: head of delegation – representative of the Commander, Rear Admiral of the Royal Thai Navy Mr. Tannin Likitavong
14. Turkey: head of delegation – Assistant of the General Manager for the Military Industry of the Ministry of National Defence, Brigadier General Ismail Amanvermez
15. Czech Republic: head of delegation – Deputy Minister of Defence for Strategic Planning and Defence Policy, Mr. Jakub Landowski
Key Statistics of the Exhibitions:
Exhibition area — more than 30 000 sqm:
28 000 sqm in three halls
3000 sqm outdoors
Number of companies‑exhibitors – 346
Number of visitors – about 24 000 people
The military‑industrial complex of Ukraine was represented by 308 companies in the following formats:
1. Joint expositions of the organizations:
- SC "Ukroboronprom" – 50 enterprises;
- Public Association "League of Defense Companies of Ukraine" – 12 enterprises.
2. Expositions ministries and departments:
- Ministry of Defense of Ukraine
- Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine
- Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine
- Security Service of Ukraine
3. Individual stands of public and private enterprises
Manufacturers of military and special equipment demonstrated both inside the halls and outdoors more than 50 full‑scale samples of military and special equipment, as well as equipment for the production of weapons.
38 companies from 14 countries of the world (Poland, Czech Republic, Turkey, China, Italy, United Arab Emirates, USA, Germany, Luxembourg, Croatia, Austria, Kazakhstan, Denmark, Latvia).
The military‑industrial complex of the Republic of Poland was represented by the joint stand of the Polish defense concern PGZ, the exposition of the Polish Chamber of Defense Manufacturers, as well as individual stands of private companies.
Companies from the USA increased their presence at the exhibition, including such companies as Aero Precision, Inc., Harris Corporation, Flir Detection, Inc., Rockwell Collins, Inc. etc.
What is more, for the first time the Chinese company Hytera Communications Corporation Limited took part in the exhibition, specializing in development and manufacture of professional mobile radios and repeaters.
The military‑industrial complex of Turkey was presented by the companies Aselsan A.Ş., Vestel Savunma Sanayi A.S. and Aydın Yazılım ve Elektronik Sanayii A.Ş.
The visitors of the exhibition payed great interest to the Czech company Excalibur Army spol.s.r.o., where natural samples of armored vehicles were demonstrated.
Program of events consisted of 18 scientific and practical conferences, workshops and industrial forums.
A detailed report will be posted on the web-page of the event within several days.