Preliminary Report on the Results of
XI International Aviation and Space Salon
On October 9‑12, 2018, the leading Ukrainian exhibition event in the field of aviation industry and space technologies was held at the International Exhibition Center ‑ XI Aviation and Space Salon "AVIASVIT‑ХХІ".
Traditionally, the event was held jointly with the XV International Specialized Exhibition "Arms and Security‑2018" and the XVII International Specialized Exhibition "Protection Technologies / FireTech‑2018". For the third time the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine has assigned the International Exhibition Center Ltd. to be the manager for the organization of the Salon.
The honored guests took part in the opening ceremony and the overlook of the exposition:
Secretary of the National Security and Defence Council of Ukraine – Oleksandr Turchynov
Head of the State Space Agency of Ukraine – Pavlo Degtyarenko
Head of the Verkhovna Rada Committee on National Security and Defense – Sergiy Pashinskyi
Commander of the National Guard of Ukraine – Colonel-General Yuriy Allerov
First Deputy Secretary of the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine – Oleg Gladkovskyi
Deputy Minister of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine – Yuriy Brovchenko
Deputy Minister of Education and Science of Ukraine – Maxim Strikha
Deputy Minister of Education and Science of Ukraine – Roman Greba
Deputy Minister, MFA of Ukraine – Vasyl Bodnar
Deputy Chairman of the State Emergency Service of Ukraine – Ruslan Beloshytsky
Director General of the SC "Ukroboronprom" – Pavlo Bukin
General Director of International Exhibition Center Ltd. – Anatoliy Tkachenko
The Head of the Parliamentary Faction of the Political Party "All‑Ukrainian Association" Batkivshchyna" (Motherland) in the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine – Yulia Tymoshenko
The following foreign delegations took part in the opening ceremony and were present during working days of the exhibition:
1. Austria: head of delegation – Head of the Office for Armaments and Military Technology of the Austrian Federal Troops, Brigadier Michael Janisch
2. Belarus: head of delegation глава делегации – Deputy Minister of Defence for Armament – Chief of Armament, Major General Sergei Simonenko
3. Bosnia and Herzegovina: head of delegation – Deputy Chief of the Joint Staff of the Armed Forces, Major General Ivica Erkich
4. Kazakhstan: head of delegation – Director of the Department of Development of the Military‑Industrial Complex of the Ministry of Defense and Aerospace Industry of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Mr. Marat Karabaev
5. Qatar: head of delegation – Provost Marshal, Major General Mohammed Maskhi Al‑Ahbabi
6. Moldova: head of delegation – State Secretary of the Ministry of Defense, Mr. Wladimir Iliew
7. Myanmar: head of delegation – Deputy Minister of Defence, Rear Admiral Myint Nwe
8. UAE: head of delegation – Commander of the Land Forces of the Ministry of Defence, Major General Saleh Mohammed Al‑Ameri
9. Pakistan: head of delegation – Assistant of the Federal Minister for Defense Industry – Mr. Ahmed Khalil
10. Poland: through State Space Agency of Ukraine: head of delegation – President of the Polish Space Agency Mr. Grzegorz Brona; through Ministry of Defence of Ukraine: head of delegation – Deputy Director of the Armament Policy Department of the Ministry of National Defence Mr. Mateus Saroszek
11. Saudi Arabia: head of delegation – the Commander of the third Wing, Air Forces of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Major General Ahmed Ghanem M. Alfadjeri
12. USA: head of delegation – Adjutant General of the California National Guard, Major General Mr. David S. Baldwin
13. Thailand: head of delegation – representative of the Commander, Rear Admiral of the Royal Thai Navy Mr. Tannin Likitavong
14. Turkey: head of delegation – Assistant of the General Manager for the Military Industry of the Ministry of National Defence, Brigadier General Ismail Amanvermez
15. Czech Republic: head of delegation – Deputy Minister of Defence for Strategic Planning and Defence Policy, Mr. Jakub Landowski
Among the participants of the exhibition were more than 140 enterprises, including Ukrainian manufacturers, distributors and foreign companies from Turkey, Poland, Sweden, Denmark, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Austria and the USA. The joint exposition of the SC "Ukroboronprom" presented the advanced developments of aircraft building and aircraft repair enterprises that are part of the Concern. The space industry of Ukraine was represented by a joint exposition of the Yuzhnoye State Design Office and the State Enterprise the State Enterprise "Production Association Yuzhny Machine‑Building Plant named after A.M. Makarov" (YUZHMASH) (Dnipro), as well as by stands of the Special Device Production State Enterprise Arsenal (Kyiv) and the Scientific Production Enterprise Khartron‑Arkos Ltd (Kharkiv).
In addition to the shell‑booths, 15 units of aircraft and ground equipment were presented to the visitors at the exhibition areas inside the pavilions.
Within the framework of the business program of the Salon, the following events were held:
- Thematic reports of participants of the VIII World Congress "Aviation in the 21st Century" Organizer: National Aviation University
- VI International Scientific Conference "Challenges of coordination of military technical and defense industry policies in Ukraine. Prospects of development of armament and military equipment ". Section Prospects of Development of Arms and Military Equipment of the Air Forces
Organizers: Central Research Institute of Armament and Military Equipment of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, International Exhibition Centre Ltd.
- International Scientific Conference "Current challenges of problems of aviation equipment development" Organizer: State Research Institute of Aviation
- Seminars and presentations of private aerospace companies
During the working days of the exhibitions more than 24 000 visitors visited International Exhibition Centre.
The following events were organized for the general public:
- UADR Time Attack sports and racing drone competitions, presentations of modern drone samples, DJI equipment (DJI‑Kyiv), drone control workshops
- Exposition of the aviation and ground equipment samples
- Thematic photozone
- Demonstration of the aviation uniform and equipment
Once again, the Salon has confirmed the fact that Ukraine is an aviation country.
A detailed report on the results of the current aviation and space show will be posted on the web‑page of the event within several days.