REPORT ON THE RESULTS OF
THE XVI INTERNATIONAL FORUM
FUEL AND ENERGY COMPLEX OF UKRAINE:
THE PRESENT AND THE FUTURE
International Exhibition Centre,
15 Brovarsky Ave., Kyiv, Ukraine
International Forum "Fuel and Energy Complex of Ukraine: the Present and the Future" began its history during the Executive Assembly of the World Energy Council in Kyiv in 2003. The event is held annually according to the order of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine.
Ministry of Energy and Coal Industry of Ukraine
International Exhibition Center
Today the Forum is the most authoritative and large‑scale event in Ukraine that shows the present and the future of the fuel and energy complex, presents the powerful potential of effective technical solutions for interrelated industries, ensures the open dialogue between government and business, cooperation between producers and consumers.
This year XVI International Forum "Fuel and Energy Complex of Ukraine: the Present and the Future" was held on November 6 ‑ 8 in the International Exhibition Centre in the format of the following events:
- Sectoral exposition of Ukrainian fuel and energy complex enterprises
- XVI International Trade Fair "Power Engineering for Industry '2018"
- ІІI International Trade Fair "OILGASEXPO '2018"
- ІІI International Trade Fair for Mining Industry "MINING INDUSTRY EXPO '2018"
- Business program
At the same time, the International Trade Fair "ELECTRO INSTALL '2018" took place.
The unique combination of above‑mentioned events gathered the participants of power, mining, oil and gas sectors, representatives of machine‑building and other industries, government officials, experts, specialists of scientific, design, service organizations under the one roof.
The powerful demonstration platform with the area of about 10,000 sq.m represented a wide range of products for all sections of the infrastructure chain: extraction, generation, transmission, distribution and consumption of energy resources. Over 265 enterprises, including 67 foreign companies, from 17 countries presented their technologies, equipment and devices.
On November 6 in the opening ceremony of the XVI International Forum "Fuel and Energy Complex of Ukraine: the Present and the Future" and the International trade fairs "Power Engineering for Industry '2018", "ELECTRO INSTALL '2018", "OILGASEXPO '2018" and "MINING INDUSTRY EXPO '2018" the following guests took part:
- Deputy Minister of Energy and Coal Industry of Ukraine Yulia Pidkomorna;
- State Secretary of the Ministry of Energy and Coal Industry of Ukraine Maksim Nemchinov;
- President of the Association "SIGRE‑Ukraine" Oleksandr Svetelik;
- Chairman of the Public Council under the Ministry of Energy and Coal Industry of Ukraine Semen Potashnik;
- CEO of IEC Anatoliy Tkachenko and other honorary guests.
Deputy Minister Yulia Pidcomorna, greeting the participants and guests, stressed the significance of the event for the entire fuel and energy complex: "The Forum gives an opportunity to combine all achievements in a single strategy of our state success".
At the same time she said that organizing such an event the Ministry performs the unifying role for the best practices and achievements and promotes industry development through the dialogue and interaction of the state and enterprises of the fuel and energy sector. Also, Yulia Pіdcomorna noted the initiative of student youth who expressed their desire to participate in the Forum's activities and wished to gain new knowledge and inspiration for the further study of the technical sciences.
The State Secretary Maksim Nemchinov emphasized the importance of meetings to discuss power engineering development trends considering the lack of communication between energy companies and announced its intention to participate in the Forum's events.
The sectoral exposition "Fuel and Energy Complex of Ukraine" was represented by the energy companies operating in the segments of energy extraction, generation, distribution and sale, namely Ukrenergo NEC SE, Ukrhydroenergo PJSC, Donbasenergo PC, Energoatom NNEGC SE with its separate units Zaporizhzhya, Rivne, South Ukrainian and Khmelnitsky NPP, Emergency and Technical Centre, Atomremontservice, Atomenergomash; Eastern Mining and Processing Plant SE, Nuclear Fuel State Concern, Coal Industry.
The trade fair "Power Engineering for Industry '2018" demonstrated innovative developments, energy‑saving technologies, latest samples of power, electrical, lighting equipment and devices, cable and wire products, automated energy management for power industry and other industrial sectors of the national economy.
The trade fair "OILGASEXPO '2018" demonstrated equipment for exploration, drilling, oil and gas well operation, valves and equipment for industrial pipelines, compressor stations, gas‑pumping and gas turbine units, pump, heat‑exchange equipment and many other products.
"MINING INDUSTRY EXPO ‑ 2018" exhibitors presented modern mining and mineral processing equipment, drilling tools, hydraulic equipment, conveyor systems, electrical, pump and compressor equipment, control & measuring devices, tools and systems for mines' automation and communication.
The business program covered a wide range of issues related to the strategic development and efficient functioning of the fuel and energy complex sectors:
- Roundtable: "Water Management in the Energy Sector and Ways of Further Hydropower Development in Ukraine"
- Roundtable: "Background of Smart Grid Implementation in Ukraine";
- Nuclear Power Day;
- Scientific and Practical Conference "Standardization, Conformity Assessment and Market Supervision In Electrical Engineering. Problems of the State Purchases System and their Solution. European Integration Changes";
- V All‑Ukrainian Power Engineers Workshop "Formation of Technological Basis of Distribution Power Grids Modernization with Appliance of the Smart Grid Concept";
- Panel for Discussion: "IT and Cybersecurity in the Sector of Fuel and Energy Complex".
Oil and Gas Complex
- ІІІ Kyiv Conferenceon Modern Methods of Drilling and Increase of Oil and Gas Production"Drilling. Well Stimulation. Ecology and Occupational Safety";
- Round tables:
"Development of Ukrainian Oil and Gas Industry";
"Granting Special Permits for the Use of Oil and Gas Minerals in a Transparent Manner";
"New Tools for Opening Information in the Energy Sector of Ukraine"
"Development of Innovations in the Field of Hydrocarbon Extraction"
"Granting the Special Permits for Oil and Gas Mineral Resources Use in a Transparent Manner";
"New Tools for Information Disclosure in the Ukrainian Energy Sector"
- Roundtable: "Innovations in Natural Gas Metering and Metrology".
Mining and Coal Industry
- Scientific Conference: "Main Directions of Ukrainian Coal Industry Reforming";
- Panel for Discussion: "Optimization Technology of Coal Products Quality by Coal Mixing in the Process of Transportation with the Help of Conveyor Belts";
- Environmental Session "Ecological Modernization and Environmental Awareness Using the Example of Germany. Difficulties and Perspectives of Ash Slag Materials Processing in Ukraine".
Safety of FEC
- Roundtable: "Reforming of the Occupational Safety Management System Taking into Account the International Experience".