on the results of the
XVI International Forum
Fuel and Energy Complex of Ukraine: the Present and the Future
Venue: International Exhibition Centre
15 Brovarsky Ave., Kyiv, Ukraine
On November 6‑8 at the largest exhibition venue of Ukraine the annual XVI International Forum "Fuel and Energy Complex of Ukraine: the Present and the Future" was held.
Ministry of Energy and Coal Industry of Ukraine
International Exhibition Center
The fuel and energy sector has always been and remains to be the most important component of the national security and economic growth. The dynamics, scale and technical and economic indicators of national production, first of all industrial production, depend on the development of the fuel and energy sector. That is why the annual Forum "Fuel and Energy Complex of Ukraine: the Present and the Future" has become the most important event for the professional community which gathers under a single roof all participants of the power, mining, oil and gas, mechanical engineering markets and related industries.
International Forum "Fuel and Energy Complex of Ukraine: the Present and the Future" began its history during the 2003 Executive Assembly of the World Energy Council in Kyiv. The event is held annually in accordance with the ordinance of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine.
For the past 16 years, the Forum has been the main meeting place for representatives of profile government agencies, world and national mechanical engineering leaders, investors, experts, scientists, managers and specialists from various industries, design & engineering, construction, installation and service companies.
The high level of professional competence of this year Forum participants allowed considering issues of state importance and making professional proposals on fuel and energy sector assets modernization, increase of power production and consumption efficiency, growth of the own energy resources production, diversification of sources and routes of energy resources supply, integration of the national power sector into the European power system.
Fuel and Energy Sector exposition
XVI International Trade Fair "Power Engineering for Industry '2018"
III International Trade Fair "OILGASEXPO '2018"
III International Trade Fair "Mining Industry Expo '2018"
Co-located event ‑ International Trade Fair "Electro Install '2018"
On November 6 the Forum and trade fairs opening ceremony was attended by:
- Yuliia Pidkomorna, Deputy Minister of Energy and Coal Industry of Ukraine;
- Maksym Nemchynov, State Secretary of the Ministry of Energy and Coal Industry of Ukraine;
- Oleksandr Svetelik, President of the Association "SIGRE‑Ukraine";
- Semen Potashnik, Chairman of the Public Council under the Ministry of Energy and Coal Industry of Ukraine;
- Anatoliy Tkachenko, CEO of IEC, and other honorary guests.
Yuliia Pidkomorna in her opening speech stressed the significance of the event for the entire fuel and energy sector: "The Forum provides the opportunity of combining all achievements in a single strategy of our country success". With that she noted that by organizing this event the Ministry performs the unifying role for the best practices and achievements and promotes industry development through the dialogue and interaction of the government and fuel and energy sector companies.
Maksym Nemchynov in his welcome speech emphasized the importance of such events for discussing power sector development trends with due regard to the lack of communication between power sector companies and announced his intention to participate in the Forum events.
Besides, the guests recognized the initiative of the student youth ‑ members of the energy quest "City of Energy" and wished to gain new knowledges and inspiration for further study of technology sciences. On November 6, 2018 students of the leading Kyiv universities and young power engineering specialists took part in the energy quest within the framework of the XVI International Forum "Fuel and Energy Complex of Ukraine: the Present and the Future". The competition was organized by NGO "Youth Energy Community" and NGO "Ukrainian Nuclear Society" with the support of the Ministry of Energy and Coal Industry of Ukraine and in partnership with NNEGC "Energoatom", SS "Emergency and Technical Center", PJSC "Ukrhydroenergo", E.NEXT Ukraine and Siemens Ukraine.
On the occasion of the Forum and trade fairs opening the honorary guests cut the symbolic ribbon and saw over the exposition which concentrated at the single site industrial, scientific and investment potential of the fuel and energy sector companies, power, electrical, instrumentation, industrial electronics, automation, oil and gas, mining engineering companies.
In total, 268 companies took part in the trade fairs, of which 68 were foreign exhibitors from 17 countries. More than 7.000 trade visitors from Ukraine and 39 foreign countries registered at the events. According to the exhibitor survey results, 98% of participants tilt toward participating in the next year event.
THE SECTORAL EXPOSITION "FUEL AND ENERGY COMPLEX OF UKRAINE"
presented achievements and strategic development perspectives of the fuel and energy sector companies. The exposition was attended by power generation and transmission as well as energy resources extraction, processing and supply companies: Ukrenergo NPC SE, Ukrhydroenergo PJSC, Energoatom NNEGC SE with its separated subdivisions Rivne NPP, Khmelnitsky NPP, South‑Ukraine NPP, Zaporizhzhya NPP, Atomenergomash, and also Nuclear Fuel State Concern, Eastern Mining and Processing Plant SE, UkrGasVydobuvannya JSC, Donbasenergo JSC, Coal of Ukraine.
TRADE FAIRS "POWER ENGINEERING FOR INDUSTRY '2018" AND "ELECTRO INSTALL '2018"
presented a large variety of modern low, medium and high voltage electrical equipment, advanced technologies and integrated solutions for electric power sector, industrial production and other business activity fields.
The trade fairs proved their relevance and confirmed high importance of the participating companies' achievements for the most Ukrainian producers, which in the strict conditions of rising energy prices have been facing the need for replacing the outdated power and electrical equipment, increasing the degree of automation and introducing advanced control technologies.
Among the participants there were leading Ukrainian and foreign manufacturers of the latest efficient electrical and power technologies and equipment for electric power generation, conversion, transmission, distribution and consumption:
- well‑known foreign companies AAF (France), EUROPOLES KROMISS Sp. z o.o., POWERUC Sp. z o.o., RADPOL S.A., SEFAKO S.A. Fabryka Kotłów (Poland), ELECTRONSYSTEM MD (Italy), Jiangsu Sfere Electric Co., Ltd. (China), SORTUS UAB (Lithuania), TEDOM a.s. (Czech Republic), Brestselmash (Belarus), Uzelektroapparat‑Electroshield (Uzbekistan);
- Ukrainian representatives of international brands E.NEXT, EMKA, IEK, Schneider Electric, Vika Instrument, Eton Electric, Copos Electro, LAPP, Legrand, SICAM, Siemens, Phoenix Contact, Chint Electrics, and others.
- Leading Ukrainian producers and suppliers Azovcable, ALAY, VATRA Corporation, Vertical NPO, Biakom, Electrosystems Ukraine, Zaporizhtransformator, Zaporozhye Cable Plant, Zorya‑Mashproekt, KEAZ Group, Kotloturboprom, Leader Electric ZNA, Motor Sich, Nasosenergomash Sumy, Odeskabel, Radiy NVP, RZA Systems, Relayexport, Slavenergoprom, TPBS (TMM‑Energobud Management), SCaT ‑ Systems of Cable Traces, and others.
TRADE FAIR "OILGASEXPO '2018"
demonstrated equipment for exploration, drilling, oil and gas well operation, valves and equipment for industrial pipelines, compressor stations, gas‑pumping and gas turbine units, pump, heat‑exchange equipment and many other products.
Among the participants there were well‑known Ukrainian and foreign companies: ABO Valve s.r.o. (Czech Republic), DENIMEX (USA), Compass Directional Guidance (USA), Drilling Tools International (USA), Beiken International Engineering Co. (China), Bentec GmbH Drilling & Oilfield Systems (Germany), Kanex Krohne Anlagen Export GmbH (Germany), Vallorec Deutschland GmbH (Germany), FIDMASH (Belarus), Drill Collars and Kellys Plant, Burova Technika, Dalgakiran Compressor Ukraine, Severodonetsk Plant of Chemical Unstandardized Equipment, Compressors International, SouzEnergo Concern, Konotop Valves Plant, Manometr‑Kharkiv, Radmirtech and many others.
TRADE FAIR "MINING INDUSTRY EXPO '2018"
presented modern mining and mineral processing equipment, drilling tools, hydraulic equipment, conveyor systems, electrical, pump and compressor equipment, control and measurement, automation devices and systems.
Among the foreign exhibitors there were:
Czech producers of mining equipment BONAP‑ICCZ s.r.o., DUVAS ‑ UNI, s.r.o., ENELEX, spol. s r.o., Hansen ‑ Electric spol. s r.o., Inco Engineering, s.r.o., Řetězárna a.s., T Machinery a.s., TDS ZAMPRA spol. s r.o., Transroll ‑ CZ a.s., ZAM‑SERVIS s.r.o., ŽDB Drátovna, a.s.;
German companies Engineering Dobersek GmbH, Globex Group GmbH, JDT J. D. Theile GmbH & Co. KG, Schneider Mining Technology, EHS sp. z o.o., WF PZL Z.D. sp. z o.o. (Poland), Europarts (Greece), Luoyang Golden Egret Geotools Co. Ltd., Shijiazhuang Viture Import & Export Trading Co. Ltd., Xiangtan Huaxing Material Co. Ltd. (China), Soligorsk Institute of Resource Saving Problems with Pilot Production (Belarus), and other companies.
Ukrainian participants list included Ana‑Tems, Valsa GTV, Vistec, Dnipropetrovsk Aggregate Plant, Donbassugol, Elmiz, Impulse Shostka State Plant, Kovelsilmash, Modex‑drive, MHM Ukraine, RBS Group, Rokada, Tehpostavka, Zeppelin Ukraine, other companies.
For participants and visitors, the photo exhibition "Fuel and Energy Complex of Ukraine: the Moments that Shaped the History" and the mobile exhibition of the Museum of the Ministry of Energy and Coal Industry were presented.
On November 6 ‑ 8 in other halls of the International Exhibition Centre the trade fairs were held dedicated to the issues of alternative energy sources and fuels, energy saving technologies implementation in construction and housing and communal services, environmental measures in industry, water supply and drainage systems. Simultaneous holding of the set of exhibition events on related industries substantially expanded the horizons of industrial survey of products and led to the significant increase in the number of visitors which exceeded 14.000. In the visitors' structure prevailed executives and decision‑makers aimed not just at seeing around, but mainly at discovering specific technologies and equipment for their production.
covered a wide range of issues on the fuel and energy sector. Conferences, seminars, round tables focused attention of their participants at reforming the fuel and energy sector structure, ensuring energy security and efficient operation of power systems, attracting investments, modernization and industry technical re‑equipment. Business events were organized by profile directorates and departments of the Ministry of Energy and Coal Industry of Ukraine, public organizations, trade fairs participants.
Business program events were attended by the leadership of the Ministry of Energy and Coal Industry, scientists, government officials and public figures, foreign and Ukrainian experts, executives of national and private companies producing power, electrical engineering, oil and gas and mining equipment, representatives of international investment and financial institutions.
Electric Power Industry
- Roundtable "Water Management in the Power Sector and Ways of Further Hydropower Development in Ukraine"
- Roundtable "Background of Smart Grid Implementation in Ukraine"
- Nuclear Power Day
- Scientific and Practical Conference "Standardization, Conformity Assessment and Market Supervision in Electrical Engineering. Problems of the State Purchases System and their Solution. European Integration Changes"
- The V All‑Ukrainian Power Engineers Workshop "Formation of Technological Basis of Distribution Power Grids Modernization with Appliance of the Smart Grid Concept"
- Panel Discussion "IT and Cybersecurity in the Fuel and Energy Sector".
Oil & Gas Industry
- ІІІ Kyiv Conference on Modern Methods of Drilling and Increase of Oil and Gas Production "Drilling. Well Stimulation. Ecology and Occupational Safety";
- Round tables:"Development of the Ukrainian Oil and Gas Industry"
- "Granting Special Permits for Development of Oil and Gas Deposits in a Transparent Manner"
- "New Open Data Tools in the Energy Sector of Ukraine"
- "Development of Innovations in the Field of Hydrocarbon Extraction"
- "Innovations in Natural Gas Metering and Metrology".
- Scientific Conference: "Main Directions of Ukrainian Coal Industry Reforming"
- Panel Discussion: "Coal Quality Optimization Technology on the Basis of Mixing Coal while its Transportation with Belt Conveyors"
- Environmental Session "Ecological Modernization and Environmental Awareness Using the Example of Germany. Difficulties and Perspectives of Ash Slag Material Processing in Ukraine"
Fuel and Energy Sector Safety
Roundtable: "Reform of the Occupational Safety Management System in the Context of International Experience"