REPORT ON THE RESULTS OF
XIV INTERNATIONAL TRADE FAIR
POWER ENGINEERING FOR INDUSTRY '2016
International Exhibition Centre,
15 Brovarsky Ave., Kyiv, Ukraine
On November 8 - 10 the key industry event in the field of power, electrical engineering, energy saving - XIV International Trade Fair "Power Engineering for Industry '2016" was held within the International Forum "Fuel and Energy Complex of Ukraine: the Present and the Future", according to the order of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine and supported by the Ministry of Energy and Coal Industry of Ukraine.
Interest of energy sector's professionals to the event grows each year. This year's trade fair and forum reconfirmed their leading positions and the status of the main meeting place for the key players on domestic and international energy and electrical markets.
At the common exhibition area about 5.5 thousand sq.m. the International trade fairs "OIL&GASEXPO '2016" and "MINING INDUSTRY EXPO '2016" were held together with the trade fair "Power Engineering for Industry '2016". The unique combination of these activities gathered the main players of power, mining, oil and gas, engineering markets and related industries under one roof.
On November 8 in the opening ceremony of the XІV International Forum "Fuel and Energy Complex of Ukraine: the Present and the Future" and the International trade fairs "Power Engineering for Industry '2016", "OIL&GASEXPO '2016" and "MINING INDUSTRY EXPO '2016" the First Deputy Minister of Energy and Coal Industry of Ukraine Galyna Carp, the advisor to the Minister of Energy and Coal Industry of Ukraine Sergiy Cech, the first vice president of the Ukrainian League of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs Sergiy Prokhorov, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Republic of Macedonia Stole Zmejkoski, CEO of IEC Anatoliy Tkachenko as well as the representatives of the Diplomatic corps and the Verkhovna Rada and the other honorary guests took part. In her speech, Galyna Carp noted that "aspiration to become the energy independent country leads us to reform the sector, attract investments, open new business areas, implement new technologies and improve the efficiency of the enterprises". She also emphasized that organizing the Forum the Ministry carries out professional contribution to the economic strengthening of energy security and the state security on the whole.
The trade fair "Power Engineering for Industry - 2016" presented innovations, energy saving technologies, new samples of energy, electrical, lighting equipment and appliances, cables and wires, automated energy management systems for electric power and other industrial sectors of national economy. In general, 123 companies from Ukraine and 8 foreign countries (Belarus, China, Germany, Poland, Slovakia, the USA, Hungary, Czech Republic) showed their products at the exhibition.
Last achievements and innovations of the world and domestic engineering were demonstrated by the well - known enterprises:
- At the stand of Schneider Electric (Kyiv) visitors got acquainted with characteristics and advantages of the switchgear of new generation Premset, the vacuum switch 6-10kW Evolis, relay protection Vamp and MiCOM. Also at the company's stand the complex solutions on conservation of the critical data and optimization of the capital and operating costs were presented for energy and industry facilities.
- The enterprise JSC "Electrograd" (Kryvyi Rih) presented new block complete transformer substations in the concrete casing with the voltage 20kW and the oil filled power transformer in sealed casing with improved characteristics of load losses and short circuit.
- The stand of "Tavrida Electric Ukraine" (Kyiv) was the platform for discussions on energy efficiency of electrical grids, reducing costs in existing distribution grids of 6 (10)kW by switching to the higher voltage class 20kW. The company presented new substation and line equipment for grids of 20kW to the visitors.
- PJSC "Odeskabel" (Odesa) presented the novelty - the cable for solar panels Solar PV1-F connecting, as well as fire-resistant cables, insulation and sheath which consists of special no halogen compounds. Such type of cables with high fire safety requirements has got the certificate issued by the State Emergency Service of Ukraine.
- JSC "SPE "Radiy" (Kropyvnytskiy), except the latest developments of information and management systems for nuclear facilities, presented the wide range of high tech LED products with high quality and enormous energy - saving effect. "Radiy" produces more than 1,200 models of lamps for various applications at its own production.
- SCaT – Systems of Cable Traces ТМ (Kramatorsk) is the national brand widely known on the electrotechnical market of Ukraine, took part in the trade fair "Power Engineering for Industry" for the first time.
For industrial facilities the company introduced the new system for cable laying by HARD series, which provides higher carrying capacity. Also at the stand you could see the full range of cable routes based on metal hoses and metal cable trays.
The sectoral exposition "Fuel and Energy Complex of Ukraine" was represented by the energy companies operating in the segments of energy production, generation, distribution and sale, namely SE NEC "Ukrenergo"; PJSC "Ukrhydroenergo"; PJSC "Donbasenergo"; SE NNEGC "Energoatom" with its separate units: Zaporizhzhya, Rivne, South Ukrainian and Khmelnitsky NPP, "Emergency and Technical Center", "Atomremontservice", "Atomenergomash"; State Enterprise "Eastern Mining and Processing Plant"; State Concern "Nuclear Fuel".
During the working days of the trade fair more than 4500 specialists - representatives of enterprises of the fuel and energy complex and other sectors of industrial production were registered.
At the same time in other pavilions of the IEC with the area of almost 16 000 sq.m. the trade fairs "Energy Efficiency. Renewable Energy '2016", "AQUA UKRAINE '2016", "Industrial Ecology '2016", "CommunTech '2016", "ROADTECHEXPO '2016" and "EuroBuildExpo '2016" were held. Simultaneous carrying out of the complex of the exhibitions by related industries has greatly expanded the horizons of industrial products review and led to the significant increase of the number of visitors - more than 12 000 experts. Among them are mostly heads and highly qualified specialists of companies, they were aimed at not only looking through the exhibits, but also to find specific technologies and equipment for their production, to hold preliminary negotiations on purchasing the products. Exhibitors noted abundance and quality of visitors and the effectiveness of business contacts.
The Forum's business program covered a wide range of topical issues of the energy sector development. In particular, the following roundtables were held with the participation of the Ministry of Energy and Coal Industry of Ukraine: "SE "NPC "Ukrenergo" on the New Electricity Market and Association of UES of Ukraine with ENTSO-E"; "Establishment of Financial Mechanisms for Implementation of Emission Reductions National Plan in Ukraine"; "Industrial Safety and Fire Protection at the Enterprises of FEC"; "The State of Labor Protection at the Enterprises of FEC Improvement of the Normative Base on Health and Safety. The implementation of the best practices on health and safety at the enterprises of FEC".
There was the meeting of the representatives of the European Union and the Ministry of Energy and Coal Industry of Ukraine within the Forum framework, during which the start of the new project "Assistance to Ukraine in Implementing of Reforms in the Energy Sector in Accordance with the International Commitments of the Country" was given.
The III All-Ukrainian Power Engineers Workshop has passed with great success. The profile specialists - practices of power, industry enterprises had the unique opportunity to meet with experts known in the sectors of electricity and cyber security, consultants on the state purchases and leading manufacturers of high-tech products. During the panel discussions and roundtables numerous professional audience discussed issues and their solutions on the following topics:
- discussion panel "New Technologies and Technical Solutions in the Power Industry and Role of the Domestic Producers in Their Implementation"
- roundtable "Cyberattacks are the Actual Threats to the Energy Security of Ukraine"
- discussion panel "Theory and Practice of Participation in the Bidding (Tenders) in the Electronic System of Public Procurement PROZORRO"
The Public Associations "All-Ukrainian Energy Assembly" held the Conference "Contractors of Energy Sector of Ukraine, Problems and Opportunities". It became the place for discussion issues connected with ways of improving efficiency of power equipment repair and problems with contractors work coordination at the objects of FEC.